How to Contact your loved one’s Health Care Providers (Chain of Communication). If you are worried about the care of a loved one, please follow these steps for contacting your health care providers (at St. Joe’s we call this our Chain of Communication):
- Find the name of the assigned NURSE and Doctor on the whiteboard by the bedside. Go to the desk and ask for the NURSE.
- If the assigned NURSE cannot help ask the person at the desk for the CHARGE NURSE and ask for the DOCTOR to be paged.
- If the CHARGE NURSE cannot help or the DOCTOR does not call back, Dial 0 and ask for the MANAGER of the unit or after hours the MANAGER ON CALL.
- If the MANAGER cannot help, Dial 0 and ask for the Administrative director or after hours the Administrator On-Call and/or the Physician Director.
- If you are still worried, dial 0 to Call/Page the CEO of the Hospital and or the Chief of Staff.