All days and shifts
$35.401 to 44.415 per hour
• Performing diagnostic cardiac sonography procedures using independent judgement to accurately differentiate between normal and pathological findings.
• Evaluate, collate and provide impression of exams.
• Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety and Infection Control policies.
• Assume responsibility for the safety and physical comfort of patients while they are in our care.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area while using accessory devices in an appropriate and safe manner.
• Assist in the instruction of students and orientation of other staff.
• Provide timely and accurate documentation of procedures in PACS.
• Maintains efficient and effective work practices
• Performs equipment QC as required
1. Graduate from a Canadian accredited Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography Program.
2. Sonography Canada registration or eligible for registration within 6 months of hire.
3. ARDMS Echocardiography strongly preferred.
4. Membership with the Canadian Society of Echocardiography (CSE) preferred.
5. Current BLS/CPR Certificate required.
6. A minimum of one year experience in the cardiac sonography field preferred
7. Familiarity with Cardiac Care Network Echocardiogram standards
8. Experience with Trans-esophageal Echo and Exercise Echo
9. Experience with IV insertion preferred of willingness to learn
10. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills with a well-developed customer service focus; dealing effectively with patients and physicians
11. Effective problem solving skills, critical thinking and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced clinical environment
12. Demonstrate initiative and judgment appropriate for the position
13. Ability to work in an interprofessional team environment as well as independently.
14. Demonstrated leadership qualities, and the ability to make independent decisions, displaying a high level of initiative.
15. Proven ability to work successful in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
16. Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
17. Satisfactory attendance record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.