St. Joseph's Health Centre
Full Time Temporary
: $40.85 to $44.45 per hour
St. Joseph's Health Centre (Hospital Resource Partner for Primary Care Strategy)
Full Time Temporary, until March 31st, 2019 with possible extension
Salary: $40.85 to $44.45 per hour ($79,677 - $86, 675 annually)
Health Links is being aligned with the TC LHIN Primary Care Strategy within each Sub Region and the Primary Care Clinical Lead will have oversight responsibilities of Sub Region activities.
It must be noted that the deliverables and responsibilities may evolve to match provincial direction on the Primary Care and Health Links strategies.
Reporting to the Primary Care Sub-Region Manager, the Health Links Project Manager will support the enhancement and delivery of Health Links within the TC LHIN Primary Care Strategy and assist the Primary Care Clinical Lead (PCCL) to facilitate attachment and timely access to the patient's primary care provider and encourage local partner organizations to adopt and embed coordinated care management processes and resources. The ideal candidate will also support interdisciplinary care teams to work collaboratively to improve transitions and the experience of patients and their caregivers.
1. Build, develop and grow frontline partnerships and relationships to promote the care coordination model for patients with health and social issues; enable and support partner organizations in adopting consistent coordinated care processes and quality plans which will improve health and social care for complex needs patients.
2. Act as a change catalyst to advance cross-organizational care coordination for patients with complex health and social needs; influence the collaboration of health care providers to meet the patient's needs; involve the patients and clients in the design of solutions and improvements to the processes. Provide the motivation and confidence to bring about the changes.
3. Work with partners to enable them to build clinical and service integrations by implementing care coordination practices within existing work flows; support the partners in making the changes and request funding model adjustments from the LHIN to recognize improved processes.
4. Support the adoption of coordinated care planning quality improvement in the sub region, through leveraging local and provincial resources provided by partners such as Health Quality Ontario. Support knowledge
transfer and exchange on lessons learnt and process improvements. Review data and identification of work flow areas for quality improvement.
5. Working closely with the Primary Care Clinical Lead, prepares timely, accurate and comprehensive reports, business cases, briefing notes, project updates, project management activities, materials, internal/external correspondence and other executive documentation related to project planning, management and reporting.
6. Support other LHIN and or sub-region initiatives including primary care initiatives, meeting planning and any support required by the Primary Care Clinical Lead.
1. Master's Degree in health, social work or business administration coupled with 5 plus years related management experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
2. Demonstrated understanding of local health and social issues, services and needs as they relate to complex care patients. The ability to converse and have credibility with partners, health professionals and social workers on health and social issues and processes.
3. Ability to integrate and streamline clinical and home & community services to develop an efficient process and work flow that improves patient outcomes and fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
4. Oral and written communication, advisory and presentation skills to liaise and collaborate with a broad range of internal/external contacts (patients, stakeholders, partners, TC LHIN).
5. Consultation skills to provide advice and support to partners to integrate change methodology and to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
6. Project management expertise with large scale change initiatives.
7. Demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with local health service providers and to influence decision making and adoption of the care coordination model.
8. Knowledge in-facilitation and negotiation of performance improvement and change initiatives with multiple stakeholders and service providers with competing priorities.
9. Knowledge of health care reporting requirements and funding methodologies, knowledge/ familiarity with various databases used to capture information in various health sectors.
10. Satisfactory Attendance Record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.