St. Joseph's Health Centre Foundation supports St. Joseph's Health Centre in its tradition of providing quality, caring health services for the southwest Toronto community. The Foundation does this through various fundraising, stewardship and granting activities. Gifts to the Foundation help the Health Centre improve facilities, acquire equipment and support critical continuing education.
St. Joseph's Health Centre Foundation is growing. It has a great community, an outstanding health centre and a $70 million campaign to support St. Joe's. It has built a motivated and strong Foundation group and is looking for one more key person to complete our team.
If you are an enthusiastic, energetic, results-orientated fundraising professional who wants to be part of an innovative campaign and build the fundraising programs please apply to be the Foundation's Vice President, Development. St. Joe's is looking forward to you helping it realize impressive results now and in years to come!
Working closely with the President and CEO, the Foundation senior management team, members of the Board and Campaign Cabinet, and senior executives at the Health Centre to maximize philanthropic support, the VP, Development will develop and help execute a multifaceted fundraising program. S/he will focus on identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding significant donors. S/he will also work with the Foundation's great volunteer leaders on its current pivotal fundraising campaign. Responsibilities include delivering on annual and multi-year fundraising targets, facilitating the work of the Campaign Cabinet, maintaining an active portfolio of donors and prospective donors, managing fundraising staff, and helping enhance a culture of philanthropy within the Health Centre.
We encourage those with the following background to apply:
• At least five to seven years of related experience in a senior fundraising;
• Excellent fundraiser, experience asking for significant gifts and building intermediate and major giving programs;
• Experience as second – in command in a smaller fundraising shop;
• Highly comfortable identifying, cultivating, stewarding significant donors;
• Strategic thinker, good judgement and creative problem solver;
• Understanding of Hospital culture and environment;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Ability to work well with others, excellent interpersonal skills;
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to multi-task;
• University degree/ college diploma.
• Capital campaign experience.
• Knowledge of Toronto's west end community.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you feel that you would be a great fit for the position and foundation, please send in your resume and a covering letter by February 9th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to you helping us realize impressive results now and in the years to come!
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.