Intensive Care Unit
Day and Night shifts
$34.21 to $47.310 per hour, 25 Year Experience rate $48.110 per hour
Day and night shifts, must be flexible to accommodate the scheduling needs of the unit.
The Team Leader position in the Intensive Care Unit works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary health care team and is accountable for the provision of quality care and service to the patients and families in the Intensive Care Unit.
The Team Leader will:
• Possess rapid assessment, prioritizing and organization skills and will demonstrate these skills in the management of patient care & flow through the ICU.
• Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of resource management.
• Introduce change in a planned, positive, and sensitive manner.
• Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
• Acting a nurse role model in all activities including clinical practice initiatives within the health centre
• Role model, mentor and coach staff with advanced knowledge of standards, policies, research, data collection, needs assessments and performance measurement.
• Demonstrates commitment to SJHC ICU through promotion of a positive work environment and a values based approach to care, innovative practice and positive participation in change processes.
• Provide leadership in carrying out work as delegated by the Patient Care Manager.
• Identify practice issues and initiate initial investigation with involved staff.
1. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred.
2. CNA Critical Care certification preferred.
3. Critical Care Certificate or equivalent required.
4. Certification of Competence from the College of Nurses required.
5. ACLS Certification required.
6. Minimum of 5 years recent Critical Care experience with 1 year in SJHC ICU.
7. Intensive Care Unit Charge Nurse experience required
8. Excellent working knowledge of Critical Care Information System & Teletracking.
9. Demonstrated role model, mentor, coach and leadership skills.
10. Demonstrated collaboration and communication with physicians and the ICU manager.
11. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
12. Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving abilities & teaching/coaching abilities.
13. Excellent organization skills.
14. Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution with a team player focus.
15. Demonstrated responsibility for own professional development.
16. Satisfactory attendance record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.