Medicine and Seniors Care Program
$37.173 - $47.091 per hour
Summary: St. Joseph's Health Centre (SJHC) is seeking a Transition Planner for our Medicine Program. Focusing on delivering an exceptional patient experience and creating seamless transitions of care through the health care continuum, this role will be responsible for assessing the discharge and transition needs of patients and their families, as well as discharge planning, education, and community referral for patients in the Medicine Program. The Transition Planner is a program-based position, reporting to the Director, Interprofessional Practice.
1. Bachelor's degree in a health-related discipline.
2. Registration in good standing with relevant professional college or regulatory body in Ontario.
3. Demonstrated recent discharge planning experience required.
4. Working knowledge of community resources, particularly long-term care facilities, complex continuing care facilities, rehabilitation and palliative care facilities/services.
5. Demonstrated experience in dealing with the geriatric population and general medicine patients.
6. Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate with patients/families and other stakeholders.
7. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in discharge planning, conflict resolution and creative problem solving.
8. Excellent organizational and coordination skills and the ability to prioritise multiple competing workload demands.
9. Ability to work co-operatively and constructively with other team members and develop effective partnerships with community agencies/facilities.
10. Satisfactory attendance record.
In order to be considered for the above transfer, applications must be received in the Human Resources Department on or before January 10, 2018
Please indicate Vacancy Number on all application forms.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.