Quality, Safety and Integrated Risk
Full Time Temporary
$44.322 to $52.416 per hour
Full Time Temporary (Until Approximately January 7th, 2019)
The Quality and Safety Consultant is responsible for partnering with clinical teams to deliver high quality care at St. Joe's. Reporting to the Manager of Quality, Safety and Risk, the Consultant leads patient safety and quality improvement initiatives that align with the Strategic Plan, Quality Improvement Plan, Patient Safety Plan, and Accreditation.
The consultant will:
• Promote and model a culture of safety and improvement at St. Joe's.
• Lead corporate and program based quality improvement initiatives by applying an array of methodologies and tools. (i.e. Lean, PDSA, Project Management)
• Provide quality improvement support to clinical program partners including the analysis of current processes and work flows, using data for improvement, identifying and implementing opportunities for change and facilitating group discussions.
• Provide direct oversight of process for reviewing and learning from safety events reported through the corporate incident reporting system.
• Coordinate and facilitate the review of safety incidents which have been identified by the Program and/or Quality of Care Committee.
• Lead improvement initiatives related to findings from event reviews, safety event trends and/or Coroner recommendations.
• Lead ongoing evaluation of the event reporting system (SAFE) to ensure a meaningful user experience.
• Partner with the Patient Relations team in reviewing critical incidents to ensure that the voice of patients and families is enshrined in the process.
• Lead Accreditation processes within the programs that they support.
• Leadership on patient safety and quality improvement.
• Master's degree required. (Health related discipline) Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of 3 years of direct clinical care experience. (Nursing preferred) Current registration with a health professional regulatory body and/or be a member in good standing with a professional association.
• Experience in Quality Improvement and/or Patient Safety roles, projects and/or initiatives.
• Experience using QI methods and tools (e.g. process mapping/flow diagrams, cause and effect diagrams, Pareto charts, affinity diagrams, 5S, FMEA, etc.),
• Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Email, and Internet required.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), critical thinking, attention to detail and problem-solving skills. Is flexible and responsive in a complex and dynamic environment
• Must have leadership, project management, and facilitation skills.
• Experience with and knowledge of Accreditation Canada process and patient safety standards
• Satisfactory attendance record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.