Full Time Temporary
Full Time Temporary (Until Approximately November 30th, 2018)
Are you interested in joining a high-performing, collaborative team at a new health network in Toronto?
The Corporate Strategy & Strategic Initiatives team at the St. Joseph's Health Centre site is seeking a creative and energetic Project Manager, Corporate Strategy for a 1-year contract. The Project Manager will join a motivated team that is focused on delivering on a variety of corporate and clinical program initiatives. The ideal candidate will not only have experience with the day-to-day activities associated with project management from project initiation to closure, but also be interested in developing new initiatives and continuously challenging themselves and the team to tackle new problems. We are looking for a team member that enjoys working with a broad range of stakeholders through skilled facilitation and communication techniques and is comfortable with ambiguity. The ideal Project Manager will demonstrate both a love for developing structures and processes as well as strategic and critical thinking capabilities.
The Project Manager, Corporate Strategy, reporting to the Director, Corporate Strategy and Strategic Initiatives will play a critical role in delivering on specific corporate and clinical improvement projects.
• Engage a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve project objectives
• Work with organizational leaders to define project objectives, scope, plan and team
• Support new business development through discovery and the creation of business cases and plans
• Conduct research and analysis to support project deliverables
• Develop project deliverables including project charter, communication strategy and workplan to enable project success
• Oversee the change process, according to the project plan
• Generate project status reports, including progress and identifying any issues or risks to milestone achievement
• Contribute to a culture of learning and innovation across the organization
• Build upon existing project management methodologies
1. Master's Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or related degree required.
2. Minimum 3-5 years project management experience in a health care environment.
3. Project management certification, or in progress is an asset.
4. Extensive understanding of project management methodologies and tools.
5. Demonstrated experience in facilitation, collaboration and negotiation with multiple stakeholders and service providers.
6. Ability to interact with people from all disciplines with all levels of experience.
7. Experience managing and coordinating project teams, contract and external resources.
8. Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
9. Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning.
St. Joseph's Health Centre is a dynamic downtown community teaching hospital, located in the West End of Toronto – a great place to learn, work and grow. We are situated in a picturesque location overlooking Lake Ontario and adjacent to High Park. At St. Joseph's Health Centre, we are committed to fostering a healthy community for all and dedicated to Advancing the Health of Our Community by being Canada's Best Community Teaching Health Centre. For more information visit: www.stjoestoronto.ca
Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph's Health Centre, and St. Michael's Hospital have integrated under one corporate entity as of August 1, 2017. This voluntary integration enables the new health network to better serve our patients, residents and clients across the full spectrum of care, spanning primary care, secondary community care, tertiary and quaternary care services to post-acute through rehabilitation, palliative care and long-term care, while investing in world-class research and education. For more information visit: www.oursharedpurpose.com
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.