Days, Monday – Friday
$26.333 - $28.847 per hour
Position Profile: Responsible for responding to, managing and maintaining requests for release of patient information (ROI) in accordance with the release of information policy and procedures and the PHIPA guidelines. This position will also be responsible for compiling and analyzing data from health records by performing coding and abstracting, CIHI month end submission and balancing and making correction to the coding database and other duties as assigned when not completing ROI duties.
1. Graduate of a recognized Health Information Management (HIM) Program.
2. Certified and an active member in good standing with Canadian College of Health Information Management (CHIMA). Proof of membership required annually.
3. Minimum one (1) year Health Records experience preferred. Strong knowledge of Health Records procedures required.
4. Demonstrated understanding and experience with Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) guidelines/privacy issues required.
5. Understanding of legislation related to privacy, access and disclosure.
6. Experience in ICD-10/CCI coding system and Case Mix Group (CMG), Resource Intensity Wait (RIW) assignment methodology required.
7. Experience with MediTech/ADT system required. Working knowledge of fax, copier, email, Internet and MS Office required.
8. Knowledge of MediTech Release of Information module and Winrecs coding program.
9. Experience navigating software applications required (screen access, information search and data entry).
10. Excellent customer service, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
11. Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
12. Ability to work in a fast paced environment and complete job assignments in a timely manner.
13. Ability to work independently and under occasional interruptions.
14. Satisfactory attendance record.
In order to be considered for the above transfer applications must be received in the Human Resources Department on or before October 19, 2017.
* Please indicate Vacancy Number on all application forms.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.