Full Time Temporary
12 hours, day and night shifts
$32.21 to $45.31 per hour 25 year rate: $46.11 per hour
Full Time Temporary 2017-687
(Until Approximately March 31st, 2018)
Full Time Temporary 2017-688
(Until Approximately May 4th, 2018)
The CCU is looking for enthusiastic staff who are willing to take on new challenges and opportunities to ensure the best possible care is being delivered to our patients. You will be responsible for:
• The care of acutely ill cardiac patients
• Hemodynamic and ventilator support monitoring
• Care planning and coordination with various team members embracing a patient-centred philosophy
• Utilization of an electronic documentation system
• Participation in Health Centre projects and committees
1. Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2. Two years required, 3 years preferred of Coronary Care experience.
3. Two years of recent medical-surgical nursing experience required.
4. Coronary Care IV required or successful completion required within six months of hire; Critical Care Course upon hire preferred.
5. Current BLS and ACLS certificate required. ACLS issued by the Heart and Stroke Foundation or a program recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation required.
6. Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team player.
7. Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
8. Strong patient teaching skills.
9. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.