Days Monday to Friday ** (Must be flexible to accommodate the scheduling needs of the unit. Future rotations on other shifts may be required.)
$34.210 – $47.310 per hour. 25 years – $48.110 per hour
Position Summary: Team Leader position in the PACU combines the job descriptions and activity lists of the PACU Charge Nurse, Preceptor, and Primary Nurse. The Team Leader works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary health care team and is accountable for the provision of quality care and service to the patients and families in the PACU. The Team Leader will possess rapid assessment, prioritizing and organizational skills and will demonstrate these skills in the management of patient care & flow- through in the PACU. The Team Leader delegates the workload according to the acute needs of the patients, maintaining the flow to all end units. The Team Leader has a working knowledge of resource management and has the ability to coordinate patient flow. The Team Leader is a patient/family advocate with a focused approach using advanced clinical knowledge and skills according to the Ontario Peri-Anesthesia Nurses Association (OPANA) and the standards of SJHC. The Team Leader is a role model mentor and coach to staff with advanced knowledge of standards, policies, protocols, procedures, guidelines, and emergency measures. The Team Leader participates in hospital committees, data collection, needs assessments and performance measurement. The Team Leader demonstrates commitments to SJHC-PACU through promotion of a positive work environment; demonstrated by a values based approach to care, innovative practice and participation in change processes.
1. Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses.
2. Critical Care Certificate and/or Perioperative Certificate preferred or a willingness to take.
3. Membership with the Ontario Post Anaesthetic Nursing Association is an asset.
4. Current ACLS and PALS certificates issued by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, or a program recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, required.
5. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is an asset.
6. A minimum of 5 years recent Critical Care Experience and/or comparable PACU experience.
7. Previous Charge Nurse Experience in a PACU setting preferred.
8. Role model, mentor and coach with demonstrated leadership skills.
9. Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
10. Demonstrated ability to be innovative and proactive.
11. Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution.
12. Demonstrated teaching ability.
13. Excellent organizational skills.
14. Excellent communications skills. (Verbal and written)
15. Demonstrated responsibility for own professional development.
16. Demonstrated participation in SJHC committees.
17. Time flexibility to meet the responsibilities of the role.
18. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.