Join Our Team
It’s our commitment to pursue Best Care Experience, Created Together. We encourage our students to join our team upon completing their programs, to pursue their career and make a positive difference in the communities and the lives of others.
There have been many successful placements where our students transitioned into St. Joe’s employee. If you are interested to be part of our team, we encourage you to:
- Check out our website https://unityhealth.to/careers for any employment opportunities
- Speak to your educator and /or preceptor to express your interest and check for any possible vacancies on the unit
- In your application, indicate your placement experience at St. Joe’s, the unit you were placed and your preceptor details.
Nursing Graduate Guarantee Program
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOLTC)’s Nursing Graduate Guarantee (NGG) program provides graduates from recognized nursing programs in Ontario, upon hire, a guaranteed full-time nursing position (RN, RPN) with opportunities of :
- Extensive orientation
- Preceptorship by an experienced nurse with clinical expertise in the chosen area
- Acquiring new clinical knowledge and skills
- Learning how to prioritize patient care needs and manage a workload
The goal is to promote the transfer of knowledge to new graduates and internationally educated nurses within an accountability framework focusing on the new graduate and internationally educated nurse’s professional growth and autonomy, which will lead to active participation as a member of the clinical team.