The 62st Annual Clinical Day will be held on Friday November 3, 2017 at St. Joseph’s Health Centre
St. Joseph’s Health Centre (SJHC) and the Department of Medical Education, Research & Scholarship (DMERS) are pleased to announce that the 62nd Annual Clinical Day will be held on Friday November 3, 2017 at St. Joseph’s Health Centre. Clinical Day is a fully accredited program and is the largest continuing medical education (CME) event at SJHC. It serves to bring together physicians, medical learners, and interprofessional staff from within the Health Centre and around our community for a rewarding and educational experience.
The program features presentations by physicians and interprofessional experts in a variety of fields of studies and clinical practices. Clinical Day plays a part in our ongoing commitment to “Advance the Health of our Community by becoming Canada’s Best Community Teaching Health Centre.”
The event is organized by the DMERS under the leadership of Dr. Jerry Maniate. Tentatively, the program will include:
Dr. Wendy Levinson – Choosing Wisely
Dr. Wendy Levinson is Chair of Choosing Wisely Canada. She is also Professor of Medicine at the University of Toronto. Dr. Levinson is a national and international expert in the field of physician-patient communication and, in particular, on the disclosure of medical errors to patients. Dr. Levinson has led efforts to educate and engage medical students, residents and faculty members in patient safety, quality improvement, and the stewardship of finite resources.
Choosing Wisely Canada is a national campaign to help clinicians and patients engage in conversations about unnecessary tests and treatments, and make smart and effective care choices.
Panel Discussion – Modernizing Health Care
- Mr. Sean Molloy – Design Methodology
- Dr. David Wiljer – Intersection of Clinical Care, Education & A. I.
- Dr. Andrew Petrosoniak – Simulation and its Impact on Care
- Dr. Rishie Seth – Moderator
“What’s New” Series
- Dr. David Casey – Internal Medicine Update
- Dr. Jennifer Hopfner – Palliative Care Update
- Dr. Melanie Tsang – General Surgery Update
- Dr. Peter Nord – Integration of Health Networks
- Dr. Rishie Seth – Models of Care Updates
- Dr. Cameron Gilbert – ECG Refresher for Primary Care Physician
- Ms. Marie Eason-Klatt – Faculty Development for Healthcare Providers
- Dr. Mitchell Goldenberg – Making Surgery Safer
All physicians, surgeons, other healthcare professionals and trainees welcome!
Join us for another exciting Clinical Day event, as we celebrate our Culture of Inquiry and Innovation at St. Joseph’s!
For any inquiries, contact the Department of Medical Education & Scholarship at email@example.com
The 61st Annual Clinical Day 2016
The Department of Medical Education & Scholarship (DMES) is thrilled to be hosting the 61st Annual Clinical Day on Friday November 4, 2016. This continuing medical education course will take place in Education Centres A&B and various surrounding rooms at SJHC.
Clinical Day will provide an opportunity for community and Health Centre physicians, staff and trainees to meet new staff physicians, engage in case rounds, hear the insights of our keynote, and participate in interactive workshops.
SJHC 60th Annual Clinical Day 2015
The 60th Annual Clinical Day was held on November 6, 2015. Thank you to all who attended and participated in this conference.
Faculty Speakers included:
- Dr. Noor Amin
- Dr. Agostino Bellissimo
- Mr. Barley Chironda
- Dr. Shiva Jayaraman
- Ms. Sally-Ann Johnson
- Dr. Jennie Johnstone
- Dr. Amrit Kang
- Dr. Lauren Kitney
- Dr. Michael Ko
- Dr. Jerry Maniate
- Dr. Andrea Miller
- Mr. Sean Molloy
- Mr. Anthony Plati
- Dr. Patrick Safieh
- Dr. Rishie Seth
- Dr. Jose Silveira
SJHC’s 58th Annual Clinical Day 2014
The Department of Medical Education & Scholarship (DMES) hosted the 59th Annual Clinical Day on Friday November 7, 2014. This continuing medical education session was entitled Updates in Quality of Care and Patient Experience and provided an opportunity for community and Health Centre physicians, staff and trainees to meet new staff physicians, engage in case rounds, hear the insights of our keynote (a physician who became a patient) and participate in interactive workshops. This full-day event included:
What’s New Series presented by Drs Colman Nefsky and Kevin Schwartz
Clinical Pathology Conference (CPC) Rounds presented by Drs Sam Elfassy, Luke Drzymala, Thomas Lindsay, Jerry Maniate and Jonathan Stein
James Starr Simpson Memorial Lecture presented by Dr Jeff Turnbull, Chief of Staff at The Ottawa Hospital
Concurrent Workshop Series:
- The Changing Face of Malnutrition presented by Elaine Clark & Lauren O’Neil
- How to Reduce the Most Common Patient Complaints presented by Sally-Ann Johnson
- Primary Care for the Eye presented by Dr. Robert Adam
- Wound Care II presented by Leslie Heath
SJHC’s 58th Annual Clinical Day 2013
The Department of Medical Education & Scholarship (DMES) hosted the 58th Annual Clinical Day on Friday November 1, 2013. This continuing medical education session was entitled Updates in Quality of Care and Patient Experience and provided an opportunity for community and Health Centre physicians, staff and trainees to meet new staff physicians, engage in case rounds, hear the insights of our keynote (a physician who became a patient) and participate in interactive workshops. This full-day event included:
What’s New Series presented by Drs Andrew Howlett, Carlos Lopez and Maria Pasic
Clinical Pathology Conference (CPC) Rounds presented by Drs Ashis Chawla, Christie Kim, Dorothy Lo, Farah Moid, Joanna Sasal, Richard Wells, Urszula Zurawska
James Starr Simpson Memorial Lecture presented by Dr Brian D Hodges, VP Education at the University Health Network
Concurrent Workshop Series:
- Assessment of Upper Extremity – Wrist / Hand presented by Amr ElMaraghy
- Communication/Conflict Resolution & Management: Standardized Patient Program presented by Kerry Knickle & Nancy McNaughton
- Teaching Professionalism presented by Stacy Bernstein & Tina Martimianakis
- Wound Care presented by Leslie Heath
SJHC’s 57th Annual Clinical Day 2012
St. Joseph’s Health Centre will be hosting the 57th annual Clinical Day on Friday, November 2, 2012.
The Health Centre is pleased to announce that Dr. Ben Chan, President and CEO of Health Quality Ontario, will be this year’s James Starr Simpson Memorial Lecture Series keynote speaker.
Through our ‘What’s New’ Series there will be an opportunity to hear from and welcome two recent additions to the St. Joseph’s physician complement. This year’s presenters are:
- Dr. Jeanne Zeller, Dermatology
- Dr. Vincent Tsui, Geriatrics
Building upon our past success, we will be once again featuring physicians from diverse clinical areas in the Health Centre, who will discuss a challenging clinical case through our Clinical Pathology Conference (CPC) Rounds.
A new feature based on the responses collected through our Needs Assessment last year, is the development of the Workshop Series to be held in the afternoon. Participants will be required to register in advance for these interactive, hands-on sessions as space is limited. Our confirmed Workshops include:
- Ask, touch, look, stick, treat – Dr. Jonathan Stein, Rheumatology
- Around the Globe in 75 Minutes – Dr. Robert Adam, Ophthalmology
- When do I order an ECG and what do I do with it? – Dr. Richard Choi, Cardiology
- ‘A Pleasure To Work With’: Going Beyond The Usual Feedback & Assessment – Drs Sanjay Mehta & Karen Leslie, Centre for Faculty Development
- You Can Do It! Managing The Challenging Learner – Drs Sanjay Mehta & Karen Leslie, Centre for Faculty Development
Please join us for another exciting Clinical Day event, as we celebrate our Culture of Inquiry and Innovation at St. Joseph’s. For more information, please contact the Office of Medical Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.