A Research Volunteer is a person who performs research tasks at St. Joseph’s Health Centre without monetary compensation or academic credit. Research Volunteers must apply to a supervisor at the hospital to volunteer their unpaid time to an existing hospital-based research project for a defined period of time.
Research Visitors can be Visiting Scientists or Visiting Students who come to the hospital to further their own or their Supervisor’s research projects or come to the hospital to collaborate and observe the research practices of the hospital.
Research Visitors and Volunteers must have an interview with the research office and provide a complete Research Visitor and Volunteer Application form, Research Supervisor Application form, receive REB approval, and submit a cover letter, resume, and proof of training.
For more information click here:
10 Steps Registration for Visitors and Volunteers
- Instructions – Visitors and Volunteers
- Application Principal Investigator / Supervisor
- Application Research Visitor or Volunteer
- Application Access Medical Records
- Code of Business Ethics
- Code of Conduct
- If you have questions about becoming a Research Visitor or Volunteer contact: Laura Tomat, Research Office, LTomat@stjoestoronto.ca
Current Opportunities Available
- There are no opportunities currently available