A Research Volunteer is a person who performs research tasks at St. Joseph’s Health Centre without monetary compensation or academic credit. Research Volunteers must apply to a supervisor at the hospital to volunteer their unpaid time to an existing hospital-based research project for a defined period of time.
A Research Visitors is a Visiting Scientists or Visiting Students who come to the hospital to further their own or their Supervisor’s research projects or come to the hospital to collaborate and observe the research practices of the hospital.
- Visitors and Volunteers must have a SJHC Research Supervisor
Research Visitors and Volunteers that have not been invited by a SJHC Research Supervisor must find a SJHC Research Supervisor who have opportunities in an area in which they are interested and is relevant to their field of study or experience.
- Visitors and Volunteers must register at the Research Office
Once a Research Visitor or Volunteer has a SJHC Supervisor, contact Laura Tomat, LTomat@stjoestoronto.ca, at least 4 weeks prior to the planned attendance to begin the registration process.
- For more information on the registration process:
- Current Opportunities Available
- Opportunity available for a Research Volunteer, with expertise in building databases using either Access or RedCap, to work within the surgical department. Contact Laura Tomat at LTomat@stjoestoronto.ca