Network Research Ethics Board
- The Providence, St. Joseph’s and St. Michael’s Healthcare Research Ethics Board (REB) ensures that research involving the participation of humans meets current scientific and ethical research standards for the protection of human research participants. The Research Ethics Board reviews all proposed research from scientific and ethical perspectives before the research is started, and promotes the research ethics education of the research community. For more information visit: http://stmichaelshospitalresearch.ca/staff-services/research-ethics/research-ethics-board/
- A St. Joseph’s Clinical Research Study Impact Approval Form must be complete for all trials being submitted to the network REB. Please complete all required authorizing signature and submit to: Laura Tomat LTomat@stjoestoronto.ca.
Clinical Trials Ontario (CTO) Research Ethics Board
Clinical Trials Ontario (CTO) is an independent, non-profit organization established with support from the Government of Ontario. Their mandate is to work collaboratively with the clinical trials community, the public, and various partners to attract clinical trial investment to Ontario.
The streamlined ethics review system aims to decrease the time to getting clinical trials started by having ethics review completed by a single, qualified research ethics board performing the review for all sites involved in a study.
For more information visit: http://www.ctontario.ca/streamlined-research-ethics-review-system/cto-stream/cto-stream-overview/
- When creating a Provincial or Centre Initial Application, specific research collaborators at St. Joseph’s and St. Michael’s must be given a role on the study. Please review the SRERS form to grant access to the collaborators listed on this form.
- A St. Joseph’s Clinical Research Study Impact Approval Form must be complete for all trials being submitted through CTO. Please complete all required authorizing signature and submit to: Laura Tomat, LTomat@stjoestoronto.ca
- For an overview of how to submit a Centre Initial Application (CIA) through CTO stream: