If you are scheduled for admission for an elective surgical procedure, the Pre-Admission Clinic will manage your admission. If you are admitted from another area of the Health Centre, Registration staff will be available to assist you in the admissions process.
If you’re a surgery patient and pre-admission is required, your surgeon or family physician will schedule you for an appointment in our Pre-admission Clinic. This Clinic is in the Barnicke Wing on the second floor. Our staff can answer your questions, help you complete all your required tests and paperwork, and prepare you in terms of what you can expect. Please remember to:
- Take your usual medications as prescribed eat and drink as you normally would on the day of your Pre-admission appointment
- Bring your OHIP card and any extra health insurance coverage documents you have
- Bring all of your medications, including any herbal supplements that you are currently taking, in their original containers
- Bring all completed forms from your family physician and/or surgeon
- Bring a book or magazine to read while you wait for tests
If you have any questions, please ask! Getting information will help you to make informed health care decisions. For more information, please contact the Pre-Admission Centre at 416-530-6504.