Please visit the Unity Health website to get more information on what to expect for patients and visitors during COVID-19.
Coming to the Health Centre as a Patient
Visiting the Health Centre
Location & Parking – Find out how to get to St. Joseph’s Health Centre and where to park.
Visiting Hours – Information about having people come visit you while in the hospital.
Preparing For Your Hospital Stay
We understand that coming to a hospital as a patient can be a stressful experience. Knowing what to expect can often reduce that stress. The information in this section is intended to help you understand what to except so you can best prepare for your stay.
Use the links on the left hand menu to find specific information about:
- Hospital stay with information about what to bring and what not to bring with you, admission process, fees, discharge and going home information.
- Discharge and going home information
- Online pre-registration for some of our outpatient clinics
- Protecting your health information and privacy information
- Spiritual and Religious Care services available to our patients no matter what your faith
- Interpreter Services available to our patients that live in the multi-linguistic communities that surround our hospital
- Billing and insurance information for patients
- Free WIFI available throughout the Health Centre
Patients can also download our complete Patient Information Handbook that is available in printed copies at the Health Centre, or click on individual sections below:
- Assistive Devices
- Clean your hands often!
- Consent for treatment
- Communication Boards in Patient Rooms
- Discharge and Going Home Information
- Financial and Insurance Information
- Finding your way
- Guide/Animal Services
- Hospital Services
- How to Contact your Health Care Providers (Chain of Communication)
- Items you should bring with you
- Location & Parking
- Medications in the Room
- Patient Food Services
- Protecting Your Health Information
- Members of your health care team
- Scent Free Environment
- Smoking on Hospital Property
- Taking Pictures in the Health Centre
- Types of Hospital Rooms
- Where you can use your cell phone and mobile devices