Open Visiting Hours
We recognize that family members, friends and loved ones play an important part of a patient’s care experience. At St. Joe’s, our visiting hours are open – we have no prescribed visiting hours and you are welcome to visit at any time our patient feels ready to see you.
Please note that some departments may have other rules to support the provision of quality patient care and to ensure the safety of their patients, visitors and staff. Please check with the care team on individual units before you visit to understand any specific guidelines in place for that area.
Tips for visiting a patient at St. Joe’s.
- Please call ahead to make sure the patient and unit staff are aware of your plans to visit, and as appropriate, to coordinate your visit time with the care team based on individual patient circumstances
- We recommend that patients admitted to the hospital should have no more than two (2) visitors at a time. Visits of more than two people may be accommodated through collaboration with the patient and the care team
- When visiting the patient after hours (9 pm to 6 am), visitors must enter and exit the hospital via the Emergency Department
- If you feel unwell, have an infection or flu-like symptoms, please stay away until you are well again. Please also remember to wash your hands before, during and after your visit
- St. Joe’s is a scent-free environment. The wearing of scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, aftershave, hairspray) is not permitted
- Children who are under 12 years old who are visiting a patient must be directly supervised by an adult, other than the patient
- We may restrict visiting to protect the privacy and rights of other patients or may interrupt your visit to provide patient care
We welcome your feedback. If there are concerns regarding our open visiting hours, please speak to one of the following health care team members for further clarification and resolution: In Charge Nurse, Team Leader, Patient Care Manager and/or After Hours Supervisor.