We are committed to leadership in the provision of comprehensive, progressive and flexible employee benefits. Set out below are highlights of our highly regarded benefit offering. For information on any of these, please call the Human Resource Department at 416-530-6460.
A competitive benefit package is offered to applicable staff including Hospitalization, Extended Health Care, Dental, Life Insurance, Spousal Life Insurance, and Disability Benefits.
A defined benefit Pension Plan for retirement savings and income is available to all employees.
- Canada Savings Bonds payroll deduction
- Direct deposit convenience
- Great West Life RRSP payroll deduction
- Access to Health Sciences Library
- Banking Machine
- Blood Pressure Clinics
- Convenient Parking
- Credit Union
- Flu Shot Clinics
- Free Annual Financial Planning Seminars
- Free Confidential Referral and Counseling Services
- Occupational Health Nursing Services
Interest-free loans for educational purposes
Reimbursement for completed work-related or development courses
- Canadian Automotive Association Group Rates
- Gift Shop price discounts
- Free quotes on home and auto insurance with discounted group rates
- Eligibility to apply for Price Club/Costco membership
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, voluntary, confidential, counseling and information service for Health Centre employees and their families. The program is designed to help with personal or work-related concerns affecting health; finances; families and parenting; child care and elder care; marital and partner relationships; stress, anxiety, depression and emotional issues; alcohol and drugs; gambling; grief; and legal issues. For information, please call 416-530-6460.
Lakeside Wellness Centre
An on-site fitness/wellness facility is available to all staff, physicians and volunteers, with modern equipment, personal trainers and a variety of classes. Membership is just $6 per pay.
Smoking Cessation Assistance
The Stop Smoking Clinic is a smoking cessation program offered by the Family Medicine Centre. It consists of a team of physicians, nurses and an addiction service worker with expertise in smoking cessation and behavioural change. To book a visit, please call 416-530-6000 ext. 3969.
Find out about our Stop Smoking Clinic.