Full Time Temporary (until April 30, 2020)
Monday – Friday (some flexibility required)
$37.693 - $47.750 per hour
The Application Analyst will work in collaboration with caregivers and ancillary departments to build, test, provide training, successfully implement and provide support for the software applications, primarily Sunrise Clinical Manager.
1. Provide end user support for software applications.
2. Participate in development of clinical and technical requirements.
3. Plan for and participate in software configuration and testing of software applications.
4. Participate in the identification, documentation, resolution and communication of software defects.
5. Coordination, development, and documentation of policies and procedures where appropriate.
6. Provide Go Live support for end-users (may include 24 hour support).
7. Share on-call 24/7 support with application support team.
8. Work as part of a team, under the direction of a project manager when appropriate.
9. May be required to provide formal and informal software demonstrations for individuals and a variety of user groups.
10. May be required to attend application-training classes, either at the Health Centre or at a vendor-training centre.
11. Other responsibilities as assigned.
1. University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Sciences, Business, Health Informatics, Health related field or equivalent experience.
2. Experience in clinical setting, preferably in a clinical role, is required.
3. 3 years software configuration, testing and implementation experience with clinical information systems required.
4. Demonstrable technical expertise beyond simple computer skills is preferred; this could include knowledge of departmental systems and/or additional computer courses or certification.
5. Good understanding of hospital practices and the relations between clinical, ancillary and support services is required.
6. Competence with Windows-based applications is required.
7. Previous experience in developing and documentation of policy & procedures is an asset.
8. Previous experience in working with a multi-disciplinary team is an asset.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
11. Proven ability to work towards deadlines, with attention to detail.
12. Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing work environment and priorities.
13. Previous participation in workflow redesign in program or department is an asset.
14. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.