$41.926 - $59.201
St. Joseph's Health Centre's Surgical Program is a leader in its field, providing high quality care to meet the diverse surgical needs of our catchment area and wider community. A university-affiliated program, our perioperative services consist of ten operating rooms, cysto suite and a minor surgery area offering a range of care and procedures that include regional thoracic and HPB (hepato-pancreatico-biliary) surgery as well as ENT (ear-nose-throat) general surgery, gynaecology, opthamology, orthopaedics, plastics and urology.
Reporting to the Clinical Program Director, with strong partnerships with the Chief of Surgery and the Chief of Anaesthesia we are currently seeking an experienced, visionary, creative and self-directed leader to incorporate our new Mission, Vision and Values of Unity Health Toronto. In collaboration with the medical and inter-professional team you will lead the healthcare team by supporting and overseeing the day-to-day functions of our perioperative services. The successful candidate will be a skilled and accountable leader who is able to develop and lead the implementation of departmental strategic goals in line with our organizational strategy, while fostering and inspiring performance excellence across the health care team. With a track record of innovation in service delivery, you will excel at managing change in a fast paced environment while ensuring a consultative and collaborative approach to achieving our shared vision.
1. Baccalaureate Degree required, Masters' Degree preferred.
2. Regulated Health Professional in good standing with applicable Regulatory College.
3. Strong clinical background in OR, PACU or surgical environment preferred.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices and ORNAC Standards
5. Three to five years recent leadership experience in a healthcare environment.
6. Demonstrated strong financial and human resource management skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to foster partnerships to advance a patient/ family approach to decision making.
8. Demonstrated evidence of innovative leadership and critical thinking, with proven ability to foster a collaborative team.
9. Demonstrates effectiveness in all categories of the LEADS Leadership Competency at the management level.
10. Superior communication, conflict resolution and problem solving skills within an interdisciplinary milieu.
11. Proven success in the development and implementation of strategic objectives including quality indicators, volume targets, and budget management.
12. Proven success in managing change and fostering a positive workplace culture.
13. Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development.
14. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.