Must be available 7 days/week – days, evenings, nights and weekends
$23.69 - $24.869 per hour
1. Current Personal Support Worker certificate* from a community college or an accredited PSW education program.
2. Current certification in Basic Life Support, Basic Rescue Level C, or Heartsaver Plus issued by SJHC.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and communicates fluently and effectively in the English language, both verbal and written skills.
4. Ability to set priorities and work with minimum supervision.
5. Ability to perform FULL range of duties in this position including specific types of patient care as directed within the list approved for the category and by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
6. Ability to provide portering and transportation services for patients and supplies.
7. Computer skills or willingness to obtain competency in computer skills.
8. Previous ICU experience is an asset.
9. Satisfactory attendance record.
*Candidates who are currently working at the Health Centre in the Health Care Attendant job classification or in an equivalent classification will continue to be considered.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.