Interprofessional Resource Team
Must be available to work a patterned schedule – 2 weekdays/2 weeknights, 2-3 pattern. Mostly 12 hour rotations, opportunity for 8 hours occasionally.
$27.812 to $30.186 per hour
Be a Leader in Patient Care,
Join our Interprofessional Resource Team!
Are you a passionate healthcare professional who embraces working in a dynamic and innovative environment? St. Joe's Interprofessional Resource Team offers the ideal opportunity to broaden your skills, gain experience in a wide variety of disciplines, and build meaningful relationships with patients, families, and the whole community.
Why work on a Resource Team at St. Joseph's Health Centre? We are a dynamic downtown community teaching hospital, situated in the West End of Toronto in a picturesque location overlooking Lake Ontario and adjacent to High Park. Our catchment area serves a multi-faceted community that ranges widely in needs. The experience you will gain on this team will be unique simply because of our location and diverse patient population.
At St. Joseph's Health Centre, we are proud of our many accomplishments in delivering exceptional care and service to the patients and families in our community. We have recently been accredited with Exemplary Standing – the highest level of recognition by Accreditation Canada.
Our Interprofessional Resource Team (IRT) provides relief staffing to a wide spectrum of clinical areas including General Medicine (Cardiology, Nephrology, Oncology, Neurology, Respirology), Surgery (Thoracics, Orthopeadics), Mental Health, Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, and Paediatrics.
IRT staff are provided with an individualized orientation program to ensure competency to practice in a variety of the above clinical areas. Working with the Patient Care Manager and Advanced Practice Clinical Educator, the IRT nurse will broaden their skills and knowledge and enrich their critical thinking and problem solving through exposure to a variety of work environments and patient populations.
Based on your previous experience and for each scheduled shift, you will be oriented to one or more of the above clinical areas based on area of need.
In order to branch into certain specialty clusters, the IRT nurse will be expected to participate in ongoing training and learning as well as take relevant courses as required.
1. Successful completion of a Practical Nursing Diploma Program.
2. Current BLS/CPR Certificate required.
3. Coronary Care 1 (CC1) or equivalent within six months.
4. Currently registered as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
5. Recent medical/surgical nursing experience required (those with mental health nursing experience considered as an added asset)
6. Demonstrated clinical competence with general medicine nursing skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within an interprofessional team, as well as independently.
8. Excellent physical assessment skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
9. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to patient and family centered care.
10. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
11. Demonstrated ability to engage and educate patients and families.
12. Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and professional development.
13. Demonstrated computer skills.
14. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.