Maintenance and Plant Services
Salary: $36.75 - $43.25 per hour
The Operations Leader – Mechanical is responsible for the effective and efficient operation and maintenance of all mechanical systems in the Hospital, the supervision (including primary evaluations) and work assignments of staff regarding preventive maintenance, tenant requests, equipment repair and coordination with renovations/construction. They are also responsible for co-management of the computer maintenance management system, as well as ensuring the safe and efficient operations of the physical plant within the regulatory boundaries of various oversight such as T.S.S.A and the Electrical Standards
1. Completion of post-secondary education and trade certification in one of the following trades: Stationary Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, or Millwright.
2. Facility Management Professional (FMP) certification preferred.
3. 2-5 years supervisory experience required, preferably within a Healthcare setting in Building Maintenance and Plant Services.
4. Experience in coordinating maintenance activities including schedule preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, tenant requests, projects and improvements.
5. Strong knowledge of Plant Operations, building equipment and systems, both commercial and hospital specific.
6. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to provide day to day guidance to a team of people employed in various trades, and assisting in all direct employee relations issues including performance management.
7. Exceptional interpersonal, negotiation and conflict management skills to interact with and develop relationships with staff and external parties
8. Excellent understanding of relevant and applicable codes and regulations
9. Strong understanding of WHMIS and Hospital infection control practices
10. Ability to participate and provide input into the budget process, controls, and responsibilities.
11. Satisfactory attendance record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.