Full Time Temporary
Must be available for all shifts between 0730 to 2100 (days, evenings, weekdays & weekends)
$28.345 to $32.540 per hour
*Full Time Temporary (until May 6, 2020)
As an integral member of the In-Patient Pharmacy team, the Pharmacy Technician will be accountable for the technical aspects of drug distribution. Duties will include independently performing all technical aspects of unit dose distribution, repackaging, intravenous admixing, including chemotherapy and TPNs, replenishing ward stock medications, narcotic and controlled substances preparation and deliveries, inventory control functions and obtaining BPMHs to support MedRec. The pharmacy technician will strive to deliver quality patient care, excellent customer service and enhance patient safety by ensuring the accuracy, quality, integrity and timeliness of pharmaceutical product preparation and release.
1. Must have completed a Pharmacy Technician Program at an accredited college.
2. Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
3. Minimum one year of experience working in an inpatient hospital pharmacy setting and aseptic technique skills are strongly preferred.
4. Ability to work under minimal supervision and to manage completing duties/priorities.
5. Ability to learn and troubleshoot changing technologies/machinery (e.g., unit dose machine).
6. Strong computer skills required, including experience with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with Centricity (BDM) an asset.
7. Superior communication skills that can be applied for interviewing patients, family, care providers, and interacting with interdisciplinary staff, and external resources.
8. Strong organizational skills to consolidate all resources of medication information and the ability to work independently and effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
9. Experience with the Ontario MedsCheck Program or in completing BPMH and medication reconciliations in a hospital setting an asset.
10. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.