All Days and Shifts
Salary: $26.560 - $30.503
Position Profile: The Area Coordinator is responsible for organizing the flow of patients, including prioritizing and scheduling their exams. Additional duties of the area coordinator may include entering portering transport requests, faxing, communicating appointment times and any applicable patient preparation as needed and answering any incoming calls. The area coordinator needs to have a good understanding of medical terms/pathology, a good knowledge of the different types of exams and workflows.
1. College Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. 2 years relevant clerical experience in a Diagnostic Imaging department or equivalent required.
3. Experience using Carestream RIS preferred.
4. Experience with OBSP Screening program and ICMS software system preferred.
5. Experience ordering and maintaining supplies is preferred.
6. Knowledge of and prior experience coordinating patient flow required.
7. Beginner level skills in MS Word and MS Excel required.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology specifically relating to Diagnostic Imaging.
9. Highly organized and able to appropriately identify priorities in a fast-paced environment.
10. Excellent Interpersonal skills with an ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the care team including patients and their families.
11. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
12. Demonstrated initiative and an ability to identify and implement efficiencies in one's role.
13. Satisfactory Attendance Record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.