7M – Adult Inpatient Mental Health
Salary: $23.69 to $24.869 per hour
*Must be available for all shifts – Day/Evening/Nights
*8 hour shifts. The majority of shifts will be evenings/nights, including weekends and holidays.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the mental health team in the Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit (7M) and Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). The Health Care Attendant on 7M/PICU is a key team member and you will be instrumental in helping people learn to manage their illnesses and support their recovery journey while growing your career in a professionally rewarding, fun, challenging and fulfilling environment. As a member of our mental health team, you are highly-adaptable, highly-flexible and thrive in a fast paced environment.
1. Successful completion of a Health Care Aide Course or previous experience in patient care required.
2. Current BLS certification required.
3. Able to complete the course on Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behaviour (Crisis Prevention Institute-CPI) within 6 months.
4. Familiarity with Ontario Mental Health Act forms and procedures preferred.
5. Demonstrated understanding of mental health issues and challenges faced by mental health patients.
6. Demonstrated experience with patients who may have escalated or agitated behaviors and/or fluctuating mental status.
7. Demonstrated skills with conflict resolution and de-escalation.
8. Ability to perform FULL range of duties in this position including specific types of patient care as directed within the list approved for the category and by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
9. Ability to provide portering and transportation services for patients and supplies.
10. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, in the English language.
11. Satisfactory Attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.