7M/PICU Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit
Full Time Temporary
Salary: $39.225 to $45.037 per hour
*Full Time Temporary (Until Approximately September 24, 2019)
This is an opportunity to join the team in the 30 bed Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit (7M) and 6 bed Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, the Occupational Therapist is a key interdisciplinary team member and you will have the opportunity to work with an acute mental health patient population who may present with challenging behaviours. Patient and family -focused skills are a critical aspect of this role. As a member of our team, you are highly-adaptable, energetic, flexible and you embrace change.
• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy required; Master's Degree preferred.
• Registered and in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario required.
• Membership in OSOT is an asset.
• Current BLS and First Aid required (or willingness to complete within probationary period).
• Three years acute mental health experience required. The ideal candidate will have an ability to work with individuals in crisis from diverse populations.
• A background in Medicine and Geriatrics is an asset.
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills/problem-solving skills and attention to detail is required.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate superior communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with the assessment of cognition, mobility and safety of patients. The Occupational Therapist is expected to conduct both formal and informal functional assessments and have the ability to synthesize the data into recommendations for safe discharge planning.
• Skilled in performing mental status and behavioral assessments and an ability to contribute to interdisciplinary care planning and safety planning using a trauma-informed approach.
• Ability to develop and implement recovery-oriented group activities for patients at varying stages of recovery.
• Knowledge of community resources and a proven ability to work, and build relationships, with community partners and stakeholders is necessary.
• Flexible to meet additional responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
• Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.