Days, Monday to Friday, Days
Salary: $59,475 to $70,102
Assigned to work at all sites as operations required
As a member of the Unity Health Human Resources Consulting Services team, this role will support the Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) and the Manager, Human Resources Consulting and Governance, in the provision of strategic and operational support to their respective portfolios. The successful candidate will be assigned to work as needed across our three (3) sites: St. Michael's Hospital, St. Joseph's Health Centre and Providence Healthcare.
The Human Resources Advisor will provide a full range of support activities for the Consulting team, including supporting workplace investigations, preparing union and employee communications, arranging for meeting logistics, responding to client inquiries and supporting network-wide consulting and other integration related projects.
1. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Industrial/Labour Relations or post graduate certificate in Human Resource Management. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
2. CHRP designation an asset.
3. Minimum of 3 years Human Resources experience, including at least two years' recent labour/employee relations in a health care and/or unionized environment.
4. Prior experience with employee investigation processes and the interpretation and application of Collective Agreements required.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures and employment-related legislation (Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, & Employment Standards Act).
6. Demonstrated independent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
7. Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
8. Strong research and investigative skills.
9. Proven ability to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders.
10. Excellent communication, customer service and teamwork skills.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.