Full Time Temporary (12 Month duration)
Monday-Friday Days (with some flexibility required)
$30.50 - $35.95
The Total Rewards Analyst researches, coordinates, analyses and supports the administration of the compensation and benefits program for all network staff. The incumbent provides service to internal HR stakeholders with respect to the hospital's compensation and benefit plans and acts as a resource for knowledge with respect to compensation and benefits. The incumbent ensures the effective delivery of services and communication for Total Rewards. Reporting to the Manager(s) – Compensation & Benefits and supporting a collaborative, team-based approach to HR initiatives, the incumbent supports, organizes and provides advice on the operational activities of the Hospital's compensation programs in accordance with provincial/federal legislation and Hospital policy.
This position is a multi-site position and may be required to travel between 3 sites.
• Assists and serves as backup to the Compensation Specialist and the Benefits Specialist
• Supports job description process by ensuring templates/formats adhere to the Compensation guidelines and ensures completeness before distribution to Job Evaluations committee for evaluation
• Assists with the job evaluation process by aiding in the provision of unbiased guidance and facilitating full group participation and discussion
• Responsible for reviewing and providing analysis on the market position of hospital jobs on a regular basis – review is done both against the private sector and OHA
• Assists in the explanation of evaluation procedures and results to HR stakeholders and network managers
• Provides analytical and technical support in the review and implementation of organizational changes in HRIS due to the restructuring of the network
• Develops, maintains, prepares and analyzes compensation related reports. (i.e. creating reports used for Salary Administration (capturing data from 3 HR systems with complex criteria) and investigates and explains fallouts or exceptions
• Supports Step Increase process for unionized workforce
• Supports changes to Collective Bargaining Agreement Scale and Benefit changes
• Supports Range Progressions/Market Increase Process for Non-Union employee group
• Provides support to HR staff around compensation and benefit inquires
• Investigates and resolves salary-related problems raised by staff and management, in conjunction with the Manager and Compensation Specialist
• Provides information and guidance to Human Resources Business Partners and Managers on Compensation and Benefit practices
• Job/Position Library maintenance, organizational design changes (small to medium in magnitude)
• Maintains benefits booklets to support respective plan designs
• Completes the monthly Benefits billings and reconciliations
• Support the communication of pension and benefit changes
• Support network benefit vendor days
• Assist with providing auditors with documents/data related to benefits and pension
• Completion of external salary survey
• Complete audits related to benefits and pension
1. An Undergraduate degree in related discipline, for example Human Resources, Business Administration
2. Minimum of 3 -5 years' experience in Total Rewards
3. Working towards/completed CHRP/CHRL designation preferred
4. Advanced working knowledge of Excel required
5. General knowledge of Compensation and Benefit processes and practices
6. Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and the ability to deal with multiple deadlines and timeline pressures
7. Problem solving to identify and troubleshoot issues, define recommendations for resolution
8. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain
9. Ability to run reports, analyze and initiate changes and corrections
10. Intermediate knowledge and proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Access
11. Strong knowledge of HR systems including compensation systems
12. Experience with Lawson/INFOR HRIS systems would be an asset
13. Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain partnerships with colleagues and clients
14. Analytical thinker with the ability to review and manage compensation analysis and transactions
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.