Monday – Friday; 0830 – 1630 (must be flexible to work additional hours as required)
$33.50 to $39.45 per hour
The Operations Leader, Health Records is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of health records functions at a specific site. The focus of the role is to provide operational support, staff scheduling, statistical analysis, implementation of processes and practices to facilitate effective operational planning and decision making for the department. The Operations Leader collaborates with internal partners to address system/process/practice, specific training needs for staff, and participates in initiatives related to health records transformation.
• Co-ordinate front-line clerical operations, addressing needs and concerns while ensuring standardization within Organization and Bargaining Unit regulations
• Accountable for staff compliance with performance expectations and meeting standard hospital and health records processes, policies and procedures while ensuring data integrity is maintained
• In conjunction with the Manager, provide recognition, performance feedback, coaching and mentoring to clerical staff in health records with regards to work flow, data quality and process issues, utilizing best practices and quality improvement processes/practices and systems to enable individuals to achieve superior performance.
• Work in collaboration with Patient Registration, Patient Experience, Privacy Office, Patient Safety and Risk Management to implement processes and improve service and revenue
• Identify issues that may be a barrier in providing exceptional customer service and patient centered care and assist in creating innovative solutions to meet the varied needs of all customers.
• Address any data or technical issues raised by staff as appropriate
1. Successful completion of approved Health Information Management Program and a current member or CHIMA (CCHRA) at certificate level required.
2. Undergraduate Degree in relevant field such as Health Information Management or Business Administration preferred.
3. Three years progressive Health Records experience required. Experience in a supervisory/leadership role preferred.
4. Knowledge of relevant legislation governing Personal Health Information e.g., PHIPA required.
5. Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure with multiple competing demands and changing priorities.
7. Ability to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations and in making autonomous decisions.
8. Ability to effectively manage private and confidential matters.
9. Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
10. Ability to be flexible and work independently and as a team member.
11. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.