Family Medicine/Urban Family Health Team
Salary: $37.693 to $47.750
*Family Medicine/Urban Family Health Team - both sites (27 Roncesvalles Avenue and 30 Queensway)
* will be required to work at both sites and one evening per week
Reporting to: Patient Care Manager, Family Medicine Centre/ Urban Family Health Team
As a member of the Mental Health Program of the Family Medicine/Urban Family Health Team, the social worker collaborates with physicians and interprofessional team members in providing comprehensive primary health services to our patients/families across the lifespan.
The candidate provides in-depth bio-psychosocial assessments, diagnostic and appropriate interventions to support patients achieve optimum psychosocial functioning and quality of life. This includes maximizing the benefit the patient and family receive from their medical treatments; providing individual supportive brief counselling and brief therapy; as well as using diverse approaches to develop group initiatives responsive to our population needs within a primary care context.
The candidate will enhance the delivery of evidence based primary care services liaising clients with community based agencies and resources within and outside St. Joe's, and providing information/resources on health, mental health, housing, legal and financial supports as well as promoting client advocacy.
The successful candidate will support health promotion and wellness activities that are central to the delivery of primary care in alignment with the goals of the Provincial Family Health Team initiative. S/he actively contributes to the academic mandate of our organization by acting as educator, resource or support for staff, and multiple interprofessional learners, as well as members of the professional community.
1. Masters of Social Work required
2. Registration in good standing, with no terms, conditions or limitations in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers required
3. Minimum 3 years of recent direct client service experience in a community/primary care setting required
4. Demonstrated knowledge of current theoretical frameworks and social work practice standards
5. Knowledge of community resources and proven referral practices
6. Demonstrated clinical skills working with a broad range of client groups and their families, particularly with marginalized populations dealing with complex issues and/or mental health and substance abuse issues, both at the individual and group levels
7. Demonstrated competence in the design, delivery and evaluation of group programnming for patients in a primary health care environment within a trauma informed, self-management, chronic care and health promotion/disease prevention models and approaches (i.e. CBT, DBT, Mindfulness, Solution focused, others)
8. Demonstrated experience in teaching, supervising or mentoring interprofessional learners
9. Strong leadership, time management and organizational skills required
10. Able to function in a fast paced changing environment
11. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an inter-professional team
12. Experience in teaching, supervising or mentoring students
13. Ability to understand and participate in research
14. Proficiency in the use of computers, appropriate software applications, and electronic medical record
15. Second language an asset
16. Excellent attendance record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.