$41.926 to $59.201 per hour
At St Joseph's Health Centre Toronto, everything we do is aimed at living our mission and achieving our vision of advancing the health of our community by being Canada's best community teaching health centre. This means we are committed to delivering exceptional experiences, shaping care through teaching and education, and providing seamless services for patients.
A Catholic hospital fully accredited with exemplary standing by Accreditation Canada, St. Joe's Toronto is fortunate to be home to an entire community of people who live our values and mission every day — the staff, physicians, volunteers and students — that our patients and families will get to know during their experiences with us.
Working here means more than having a job; it means being part of a community where each and every member of our team is recognized and appreciated.
St. Joseph's Health Centre's Surgical Program provides high quality care to meet the diverse surgical needs of our community. A university-affiliated program, our three a surgical units and ten operating rooms offer a range of care and procedures. We are the regional centre for Thoracic Surgery and Hepato-Pamcreatico-Biliary surgery while providing full service general surgery, gynecology, orthopedics, ophthalmology and other specialized surgeries.
Reporting to the Clinical Program Director, we are currently seeking a strong, experienced, visionary leader to manage the development of pathways and best practice guidelines for our surgical and cancer populations, while ensuring exceptional patient and family centred care using key metrics to validate effectiveness. This portfolio provides an exciting opportunity to be involved in a high-interest, high-focus area within the current healthcare landscape linking with provincial partners and interest groups where appropriate. The successful candidate will be a skilled and accountable leader who is able to develop and lead the implementation of departmental strategic goals in line with our organizational strategy, while fostering and inspiring performance excellence across the health care team. With a track record of innovation in service delivery, the successful candidate will excel at managing change in a fast paced environment while ensuring a consultative and collaborative approach to achieving our shared vision.
1. Baccalaureate Degree required, Masters' Degree preferred.
2. Regulated Health Professional in good standing with applicable Regulatory College.
3. Strong clinical background in surgery, including demonstrated knowledge of current best practices.
4. Three to five years recent leadership experience in a healthcare environment.
5. Demonstrated strong financial and human resource management skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to foster partnerships to advance patient and family centred care.
7. Demonstrated evidence of innovative leadership and critical thinking, with proven ability to foster a collaborative team and patient/family approach to decision making.
8. Demonstrates effectiveness in all categories of the LEADS framework at the management level.
9. Superior communication, team building, conflict resolution and problem solving skills within an interdisciplinary milieu.
10. Proven success in the development and implementation of strategic objectives including quality indicators, volume targets, and budget management.
11. Proven success in managing change and fostering a positive workplace culture.
12. Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development.
13. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.