Inpatient Pharmacy - Reactivation Care Unit (primarily at Humber Church Site)
$44.943 to $53.150 per hour
*St. Joseph's Reactivation Care Unit (primarily at Humber Church Site)
WE ARE GROWING!
St. Joseph's Health Centre, Unity Health Toronto is excited to announce the opening a 30 bed Transitional Care and Reactivation Care Unit located at Humber Church site (200 Church St.; near Jane Street south of the 401). The Reactivation Care Unit will provide care for adult and geriatric patients who require therapy, reactivation and transition planning in order to transfer to the community and/or other supportive environments. We are now recruiting a dynamic interprofessional team to deliver care to, and with, the patients in this program!
For more details on the location, please follow this link:
This unit will focus on reactivation and transition planning for patients who are waiting transfer to the community and/or other supportive environments. Working as a part of a dedicated, interprofessional team, you will deliver patient centred care designed with best practice principles. This team will work closely with patients, families, and caregivers to provide reactivation therapy with a goal of enhancing and optimizing patient's functions and engagement in daily routines.
As an employee of Unity Health Toronto, Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph's Health Centre Toronto and St. Michael's Hospital you will be providing services to this new unit. Effective January 1st, 2019, St. Joseph's Health Centre is now part of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
• Provision of direct, patient-focused care in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Provision of drug information and development and/or review of medication protocols specific to clinical practice.
• Support of the medication distribution system.
• Supervise Pharmacy students for on-site clinical education.
1. Completion of a recognized Pharmacy Degree program required.
2. Licensure with the Ontario College of Pharmacists in good standing required.
3. Hospital pharmacy residency or previous hospital experience in direct patient care required.
4. Knowledge in provision of pharmaceutical care (PC) an asset,
5. Self-motivated team player, reliable, cooperative, and patient-focused,
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
7. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.