Department of Medical Education, Research & Scholarship
Full Time Temporary
Monday – Friday; 0800-1600 (must be flexible to work additional hours as required)
$30.400 to $35.242 per hour
* Full Time Temporary (until May 4, 2020)
The Department of Medical Education and Scholarship, part of the Education portfolio at Unity Health Toronto, is currently seeking a highly organized, detail and results-oriented individual to help support a superior student experience for all learners. The Education Coordinator, is responsible for supporting a superior student experience by ensuring effective and efficient onboarding, orientation, scheduling and tracking of students.
• Provides excellent customer service while registering, validating and troubleshooting all student placements in person, electronically and within the registration system
• Coordinating and tracking elective learners and preceptor assignments
• Collaboratively liaises with internal and external stakeholders to support the programming, student curricular events and student coordination. Tasks include but are not limited to: tutor/patient recruitment, schedule creation/management and evaluation management.
• Supports the collection, analysis and distribution of student & education data/metrics and participates in scholarly activity as required. Examples of data could include but is not limited to: student survey data, compliance of mandatory prerequisites, pagers, Medical Trainee Days.
• Creates, collates, maintains and provides technical support of shared electronic database(s) e.g. the egistration system, excel databases etc.
• Schedules, books, sets up rooms and communicates meetings for students and clinical instructors/educators/supervisors
• Supports the recruiting and tracking of tutors/preceptors/clinical instructors, patients and agencies for student curriculum
• Collaborating with and supports other Education portfolio staff and team members to provide additional student services
• Supporting other tasks and projects as needed within the Department of Medical Education
1. Undergraduate Degree required.
2. 2-3 years of practical experience required in a student environment e.g. university/college, student support services, academic training hospital/medical education department.
3. Experience working in a health care environment strongly preferred.
4. Project Management: demonstrated experience planning, coordinating and implementation small and large projects to completion.
5. Proficiency with data management and analysis.
6. Excellent computer skills including high proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
7. Database creation, utilization and management.
8. Excellent attendance record.
9. Strong customer service orientation with proven ability to interact with all levels of staff.
10. Strong organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work with efficient turn-around time.
11. Possesses excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
12. Excellent initiative, decision making/problem solving skills and interpersonal competence.
13. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a part of a team in a demanding and complex environment.
14. Experience planning, coordinating and implementation small and large projects.
15. Accuracy and attention to detail with strong ability to produce accurate work within assigned time frames.
16. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage time effectively, multi-task, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
17. Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve independently and in consultation with key contacts.
18. Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the Mission and Values of Unity Health Toronto.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.