Mental Health: Central Intake & Rapid Access, Collaborative Care Clinic
Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm
$37.693– 47.75 per hour
St. Joseph's Health Centre's Outpatient Mental Health Program is seeking a Mental Health Clinician to provide support to the internal and external referral and intake processes in the Collaborative Care Clinic. The clinician will be involved in all aspects of ensuring that the program responds in an appropriate and timely manner to requests from our referral sources for outpatient mental health services.
The position will also provide direct clinical and organizational support to the new Rapid Access Mental Health Clinic set to open in the fall of 2018.
CCC Clinical Intake responsibilities:
- Monitor, maintain and update the CCC external waitlist and assist with maintenance of the CCC scheduler
- Chair the CCC Triage Committee and attend CCC clinical team rounds
- Review and triage external CCC referrals using established criteria and provide follow-up as needed
- Liaise with referring primary care providers to assist them in making appropriate community referrals.
- Liaise with Mental Health inpatient units to monitor and coordinate internal referrals.
- Develop and maintain linkages with community resources
- Participate in Quality Improvement initiatives
- Train other clinician in the role as needed
Rapid Access Mental Health Clinic responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive crisis mental health assessments.
- Provide short-term follow up to patients utilizing brief psychotherapies
- Assist with the coordination and flow of referrals.
- Participate in program development and evaluation research of the Rapid Access Clinic.
1. Master's Degree in a health discipline and be member in good standing of their professional College.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in providing crisis mental health assessments and brief psychotherapies.
3. Minimum of 5 years of experience in an acute mental health setting, including 2 years in the community.
4. In-depth knowledge of emergency psychiatry and crisis intervention principles and theory.
5. Excellent understanding of community resources in mental health and substance abuse treatment.
6. Be a self-starter, work well independently and demonstrate the ability to work with stakeholders and clients of diverse backgrounds.
7. Enjoy and excel in organizational tasks and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Intermediate computer skills including Excel, Word and email applications.
9. Project planning/management skills and willingness to learn and apply Quality Improvement techniques.
10. Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively as a team member in a dynamic interdisciplinary environment.
11. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.