7M – Adult Inpatient Mental Health
$22.991 to $24.068 per hour
This is an opportunity to join the team in the Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit (7M) and Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). The Unit Clerk is a key team member and you will have the opportunity to work with a mental health patient population who may present with hard to serve and challenging behaviours – patient and family customer-focused skills are a critical aspect of this role.
The Unit Clerk is highly-adaptable, highly-flexible and effectively communicates with patients and families, the interdisciplinary team, different areas within the Health Centre and with external partners as required. Principle responsibilities include: supporting the interprofessional team, performing reception duties and responding to a variety of inquiries within the Health Centre, external agencies and the community; typing, filing, photocopying, faxing, ordering and maintaining office supplies; ensuring admission/discharges/transfers are appropriately processed; filing of appropriate information into the patient's health records as per protocol; ensuring charts and contents are in good order; booking and coordinating appointments accurately and efficiently; compiling and entering program service statistics and data; organizing room bookings, conference/meeting requests and catering; tracking and submitting payroll accurately; providing administrative support to Patient Care Manager(s) as required; providing coverage and assistance to other program administrative positions as required; understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to, patient safety responsibilities and corresponding Health Centre plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for our staff, patients and visitors.
• Minimum Grade l2 education required.
• At least 1 year of recent administrative assistant/clerical experience. Hospital experience would be considered an asset.
• Experience working in a Microsoft software environment with proven skill and ability at an intermediate level in the following programs Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Strong knowledge of office practices, processes and procedures required.
• Knowledge of medical terminology required.
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
• Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer-focused skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to work independently and show initiative.
• Ability to produce high quality work in accordance with Health Centre standards.
• Ability to work effectively and safely when dealing with stressful situations.
• Able to work well under pressure & co-operate with all Health Centre staff and patients.
• Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.