Monday – Friday; Days
$30.325 to $38.035 per hour
*Full Time (1 FTE)
The Coordinator, Clinical Informatics will work in conjunction with the Clinical Informatics program and directly supporting the Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO). The Coordinator, Clinical Informatics will report to the CMIO and the Collaborative Practice Leader, Clinical Informatics.
The Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) provides medical leadership for a variety of Information Services/Information Technology plans and projects that have a clinical impact at St. Joseph's Health Centre. (SJHC).The Coordinator, Clinical Informatics will play a key role in assisting the CMIO with proper planning and monitoring of the team's operational activities, current projects, documentation, committee support and reporting.
Project Management Support:
• Conduct guideline scans, literature reviews, and environmental scans using various resources such as the internet and MEDLINE upon request;
• Maintaining and updating project related documentation;
• Documenting project management processes and procedures;
• Provide committee support as required;
• Attend meetings with CMIO and on behalf of the CMIO and report back as required.
Project & Operational Reporting:
• Developing and updating project-related reports and documents;
• Conducting regular analysis of project costs and budget;
• Monitor, reconcile and process project invoices;
• Prepare summary reports and/or presentations related to projects.
Communication and Coordination:
• Develop and distribute communication materials, including but not limited to, letters, articles, web-based communication and e-mails;
• Facilitate knowledge transfer and exchange. Interact with relevant project and program stakeholders to: plan and organize meetings and events, act as a central hub for receiving, processing and distributing program and project information and documents.
• Filing, general reception/administrative duties etc.;
• Support for Clinical Informatics work as necessary;
• Schedule management for the CMIO;
• Support CMIO in his or her reporting role for various committees.
1. Undergraduate Degree (in Health Informatics, Health Administration, Project Management, Business Administration) required.
2. Recent experience with project coordination required. Experience in a healthcare or business setting preferred.
3. Knowledge and ability to apply project management principles to development and maintenance of project management tools and reporting. Project Management Professional certification preferred.
4. Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project).
5. Familiarity and experience with change and/or transition management an asset.
6. Professional membership with CNIA, HIMSS and/or COACH preferred.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions, take initiative and exercise sound judgement.
9. Excellent time management with demonstrated ability to coordinate numerous and diverse activities, prioritizing appropriately to meet demands and expectations.
10. Satisfactory Attendance Record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.