Full Time Temporary
Monday to Friday, On-call 24 x 7 support on a rotational basis
$36.985 to $50.701 per hour
*Full Time Temporary (1 year contract)
Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph's Health Centre and St. Michael's Hospital has integrated to form a new health network, Unity Health Toronto. The three organizations serve patients, residents and clients across the full spectrum of care, spanning primary care, secondary community care, tertiary and quaternary care services. In addition, the new health network supports in post-acute care through rehabilitation, palliative care and long-term care, while investing in world-class research and education. This is an important and exciting milestone for each of our organizations and the people we care for.
Join St. Joseph's Health Centre as we work towards our vision of advancing the health of our patients and our urban communities.
In your role as the Advanced Practice Clinical Educator - Clinical Informatics (APCE - CI), you will be accountable for the planning, leading, implementing and evaluating of a comprehensive ePR (Sunrise Clinical Manager - SCM) training program for all members of the interprofessional team. Reporting to the Collaborative Practice Leader - Clinical Informatics, you will work in collaboration with other APCEs and members of the CI team in developing/maintaining a best in breed training curriculum which encompasses both evidence-based adult education and integrated clinical informatics principles. You will utilize your knowledge of system implementation and utilization in healthcare, to build, redesign, and maintain curricula.
As the successful candidate, you will continuously role model and mentor others to achieve successful comprehension and uptake of SCM system functionality. You¡¦re training style is dynamic, and engaging and is clear in objective set out by your training agenda. As an essential component of the new hire experience, you will seize training opportunities to build strong and effective interpersonal relationships, and represent the organizations vision of ePR adoption to support the provision of care.
As the successful candidate, you will serve as Clinical Informatics educator, member of the on-call support team, consultant, researcher, facilitator, change agent and leader within the context of ePR utilization and adoption. Your dynamic attitude and appreciation for the ever evolving climate of ePR changes through optimization activities make you an ideal candidate for this role. Your philosophy of education promotes a positive and continuous learning climate and is enhanced by your enthusiasm and innovation in patient care and clinical education.
As a role model of professional behavior, you will be instrumental in creating a professional climate within St. Joseph¡¦s Health Center to enable the organization to achieve its vision as the Best Community Teaching Health Centre in Canada.
„X Plan, deliver and evaluate ePR orientation and continuing education to members of the interprofessional team.
„X Collaborate with APCEs across the organization to create reliable service-based training scenarios to meet the workflow and needs of our various clinical areas
„X Coordinate scheduling of classroom instruction and advertise the sessions. Responsible for the clinical systems classroom instruction for all clinical and support staff, including MDs, RNs, unit clerks and Health Discipline staff to ensure reliable level of competency achieved
„X Advise on content needs of the Training Database, to ensure database supports the needs of the curriculum
„X Participate in knowledge transfer activities with members of the Clinical Informatics Department to ensure that training content is up-to-date and reflective of fast paced changes made to ePR content
„X Develop and maintain your training program¡¦s trainee knowledge retention evaluation tool, in addition to Trainer and curriculum evaluation
„X Maintain the currency of all relevant electronic patient record systems educational materials including tip sheets and workflow documentation so that is it readily available to end users
„X Participate as a member of the team¡¦s on-call support schedule. Expectation of on-call 24 X 7 telephone support on a rotational basis with the Clinical Informatics Team to respond to problem solve and facilitate resolution of issues pertaining to the clinical system in real time with the clinicians
„X Participates in program committees, department, and other meetings as required
„X Maintain flexibility when managing multiple roles and responsibilities
„X Role models and promotes the concept of lifelong learning
„X Seeks opportunities to support members of the Clinical Informatics team during go-live preparations. Participation in content or functionality testing is a requirement of the role, ad lib
„X Provide on unit direct support for end users during new unit implementations or implementation of new functionality to ensure adoption and safe ordering/documentation practices by the end users. This may/would require that the individual do rotational shifts that may include nights and weekends.
1. Baccalaureate Degree in a Regulated Health Profession required.
2. Master¡¦s Degree in Nursing or related field required or currently enrolled.
3. Formal training in Adult Education required.
4. Current registration with a Regulated Health Professional College.
5. Minimum of three years recent, relevant clinical and educational experience in electronic health information system implementation.
6. Informatics group affiliation, an asset (ie ¡V ONIG, CNIA).
7. Post-graduate education in Clinical Informatics preferred.
8. Strong skills in various computer programs, i.e. MSOffice and e-learning software (Articulate)
9. Demonstrated competence in the design, delivery and evaluation of educational programs for staff in a health care environment.
10. Demonstrated skills in the use of research in the practice setting, clinical education, planning, consultation and facilitation.
11. Demonstrated strong leadership skills required.
12. Strong communication skills and ability to establish positive relationships with all staff and physicians on the team is required.
13. Demonstrated ability to develop a system to validate learning, and ensure that practice changes are measured, sustained and improve outcomes.
14. A track record of ensuring evidence based research, and evolving recognized standards are used to guide practice changes.
15. Excellent oral and written abilities required.
16. Satisfactory attendance record required.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.