Medicine and Seniors Care, Re-activation Unit (Humber Church Site)
Part Time Opportunities Available
Must be available for all 3 shifts, 12-hour rotations
$23.690 to $24.869 per hour
WE ARE GROWING!
St. Joseph's Health Centre, Unity Health Toronto is excited to announce the opening a 30 bed Transitional Care and Reactivation Care Unit located at Humber Church site (200 Church St., near Jane Street, south of the 401). The Reactivation Care Unit will provide care for adult and geriatric patients who require therapy, reactivation and transition planning in order to transfer to the community and/or other supportive environments. We are now recruiting a dynamic interprofessional team to deliver care to, and with, the patients in this program!
For more details on the location, please follow this link:
This unit will focus on reactivation and transition planning for patients who are waiting transfer to the community and/or other supportive environments. Working as a part of a dedicated, interprofessional team, you will deliver patient centred care designed with best practice principles. This team will work closely with patients, families, and caregivers to provide reactivation therapy with a goal of enhancing and optimizing patient's functions and engagement in daily routines.
As an employee of Unity Health Toronto, Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph's Health Centre Toronto and St. Michael's Hospital you will be providing (RN, RPN, HCA) services to this new unit. Effective January 1st, 2019, St. Joseph's Health Centre is now part of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Must be available for all 3 shifts – days, evenings, nights, and weekends. Must be available to work 12-hour rotations
The HCA will provide high quality patient care within an Interprofessional Collaborative Practice philosophy. Being part of this team means being part of an exciting new initiative to help us support patients along their continuum of care and to shape how care is delivered.
1. Current Personal Support Worker Certificate from a Community College or an Accredited PSW Education Program.
2. Current BLS /CPR certificate required.
3. Recent experience in a rehab, complex continuing care or long-term care facility preferred.
4. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to patient and family-centred care.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in the English Language.
6. Ability to perform FULL range of duties in this position including specific types of patient care as governed by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
7. Ability to provide portering and transportation services for patients and supplies.
8. Demonstrated ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities.
9. Experience and demonstrated skills documenting and reviewing electronic patient records preferred.
10. Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) training or equivalent is a strong asset.
11. Knowledge and experience in falls and pressure ulcer prevention.
12. Ability to work independently and as part of an interprofessional team.
13. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.