Corporate Learning and Organizational Development
Monday – Friday Days with some flexibility required.
$37.693 – $47.750
The Leadership & Organizational Development team is an integral component of the Human Resources and Legal Department at Unity Health Toronto (Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph's Health Centre, and St. Michael's Hospital). The Consultant is part of the team who develops and supports all phases of staff and leadership development through identification, assessment, formal and informal experienced based learning, ongoing developmental support, and individual and organizational measurement. Reporting to the Director of Leadership & Organizational Development, the Consultant will be responsible for the ongoing development, delivery and maintenance of organizational development initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Delivers workshops and facilitates OD interventions to enhance the effectiveness of staff; leads and teaches large groups of learners in a variety of content areas; Provides feedback and coaching where appropriate. Conducts needs analyses, researches, designs, and maintains leadership and organizational development curriculum that focuses on enhancing leadership capabilities, healthy work environment, developing capacity for change and growth, employee engagement and team building.
• Leading and consulting on organization-wide change management initiatives.
• Facilitate new-leader onboarding and orientation.
• Designs and implements effective measurement and evaluation tools and strategies.
• Supports the development and maintenance of competencies that provide the framework for the enhancement of skill and knowledge progression paths for all levels of leaders. Actively supports staff and leaders by offering expert adult education and organizational development consulting services.
• Develops and delivers curriculum in multiple modalities including in-class (face-to-face) and technology based (e-learning) platform through an effective blend of media types (audio, visual, text).
• Conducts needs assessments and analyze data to forecast training needs and develop annual plan in support of strategic objectives.
• Plan for and make recommendations for implementing evidence-based L & OD practices.
• Conduct team diagnostics upon request; develop and implement suitable interventions to enhance team functioning and productivity.
• Collaborates with fellow team members and develops and manages strong relationships with staff and partners across the organization; identifies ways of integrating sharing and community building tools into learning solutions.
• Support leaders and teams in understanding their employee engagement data and developing and executing action plans to boost or maintain engagement levels.
• Assists with other duties as required.
1. Must have University degree and a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in organizational development consulting, advanced level facilitation, adult learning principles and methodologies (needs assessment, instructional design and development, delivery and evaluation), development of e-learning based curriculum, and leadership development.
2. Masters in Adult Education and/or Organizational Development preferred.
3. Minimum 3 years recent business experience as a training specialist and/or OD Consultant; Proven ability to develop and deliver programs to all levels of the organization, up to and including senior leaders.
4. Superior interpersonal skills; excellent presentation, group facilitation and communication (verbal and written) skills to provide services to a diverse population of learners.
5. Excellent organizational and time management skills; Strong project management skills with proven ability to successfully manage timelines, milestones, and critical paths with minimal supervision; Able to manage multiple tasks in a rapidly changing, deadline oriented environment.
6. Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous.
7. Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders at various levels; strong customer focus with the ability to work successfully in a team setting or independently.
8. Demonstrated current knowledge of technology used in training; experience with multimedia, e-learning development and Learning Management Systems (LMS's) an asset.
9. Demonstrated computer proficiency including advanced skills with MS Office applications.
10. Must be flexible with delivering L & OD programs at all three sites when called upon
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.