Nutrition Services (Patient Food)
$22.103 to $22.722 per hour
Shifts: Must be available to work 3 out of 4 weekends plus minimum of 2 shifts during the week. Shifts may start as early as 06:25am and end as late as 8:00pm.
1. Certification in a Public Health endorsed Food Handling Course required.
2. Secondary School Diploma or equivalent required.
3. Completion of the Food Service Worker community college program preferred.
4. Previous experience in a hospital or commercial food services preferred.
5. Good English communication skills, both verbal and written.
6. Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
7. Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively with staff, customers and patients.
8. Must have attention to detail and problem-solving skills and be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
9. Required to work in all areas of the Department (Patient Food Services and Hospitality) as needed.
10. Able to perform the FULL range of duties as required in this position including some lifting of weight (up to 40 lbs).
11. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.