Must be available for all shifts
$46.40 - $53.32 per hour, 25 year rate: $54.35 per hour
Must be available for all shifts: Days & Evenings (Including Weekends and Holidays). The shift is primarily Monday to Friday, 12-8pm (subject to change)
If you have an interest in developing emergency department services for frail seniors, the Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto's (RGP) Geriatric Emergency Management (GEM) Program may be of interest to you. You will be employed by St. Joseph's Health Centre and will also be a member of the GEM team coordinated by RGP.
GEM nurses provide an expert clinical resource in hospital Emergency Departments. Their focus is on frail seniors who are at risk of suffering adverse events, loss of independence and admission to hospital or long-term care. GEM nurses provide expert and targeted assessment and treatment services in the Emergency Department; they enhance linkage with hospital, community and long-term care services and are advocates for the frail seniors they serve. As well, in their role as geriatrics educators and capacity builders within the ED, the hospital and the community, GEM nurses help to build the systems capacity to ensure that frail seniors at risk receive the right care in the right place, at the right time.
1. Completion of Masters Degree in Nursing required; candidates who have completed a BScN and are either enrolled in a Masters program in Nursing may be considered.
2. Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
3. Clinical Nurse Specialist designation preferred
4. Must have a minimum of 3 years recent experience in geriatrics and/or emergency services.
5. Gerontological Nursing Certificate preferred.
6. Competent to perform CPR at a Basic Cardiac Life Support level
7. Excellent advanced clinical skills in the area of geriatric nursing with the ability to provide care to a broad spectrum of patients in an ambulatory/multidisciplinary care setting.
8. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
9. Proven analytical and problem solving skills
10. Proven ability to work in a collaborative setting, handle conflict situations and employ excellent skills in diplomacy, interpersonal communication and problem solving.
11. Excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of the principles of adult education.
12. Member of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario preferred.
13. Second language a significant asset.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.