Quality and Patient Safety
Patient Safety- all 3 sites of Unity Health Toronto (Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph's Health Centre, St. Michael's Hospital)
Reporting to the Senior Director, Quality, Patient Safety and Innovation, the Manager, Quality and Patient Safety works collaboratively with leadership, staff, learners and physicians to provide expertise in quality and patient safety across Unity Health Toronto. (Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph's Health Centre and St. Michael's Hospital).
The primary function of the Manager is to lead an innovative team that enables the organization to measurably improve quality and the prevention of harm. This requires the implementation of reliable systems, infrastructure and practices while motivating a culture of improvement across the organization. The Manager will provide day to day operational management of the quality and safety team, be an expert resource in quality and safety and lead corporate wide initiatives in support of the patient safety strategy and corporate quality improvement plan.
• Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years clinical professional background required.
• Current registration with a health professional regulatory body and be a member in good standing with a professional association.
• Minimum of five (5) years of progressive hospital-based leadership experience.
• Previous experience in a Quality and/or Patient Safety related role in a healthcare setting.
• Expert in quality improvement tools and methodologies.
• Expert knowledge of Patient Safety with the ability to introduce innovative approaches to change.
• Ability to use data for improvement is critical.
• Experience in engaging patients and families in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives.
• Experience managing a team an asset. This position will lead a team across Unity Health Toronto's three hospital sites.
• Superior stakeholder engagement skills.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.