Full time Temporary
Full time Temporary, 13.5 months
The Special Events Officer is a key member of St. Joseph's Health Centre Foundation. The Officer is an events planner with fundraising and administrative experience. The candidate has a minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably in the charitable sector. S/he is personable and easy to work with; a team player.
The Special Events Officer reports to the Senior Manager of Corporate Partnerships & Events and assists in developing the strategy and operational plans for special events (including both internal and partnership events) and works with her or his colleagues, in the Foundation and Health Centre as well as committees and volunteers, to execute that strategy. S/he supports the internal events, related to annual, major gift and planned giving programs. S/he is responsible for administrative aspects of the events program and actively assists with online and peer to peer fundraising support.
• Experience in special events, preferably in the charitable sector
• Fundraising or events program an asset
• University or college degree preferred
• Driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
REQUIRED JOB RELATED SKILLS & TRAINING:
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Preferred experience working with Raiser's Edge
• Preferred experience working with Luminate fundraising software
• Preferred experience working with online auction software such as Givergy
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Solid administrative skills
• Ability to work well with others, excellent interpersonal skills
• Superior customer service skills
• Strong time management skills
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and thrives under pressure
• Highly motivated with a positive attitude
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Willing to work some overtime evenings and weekends
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.