3M – General/Orthopaedic Surgery
A combination of 8-hour and 12-Hour shifts,7 days a week
$27.812 - $30.186 per hour
A combination of 8-hour and 12-Hour shifts, must be available for Days, Evenings and Nights; 7 days a week, including holidays.
Working on 3M-Surgery, the RPN will function to the full scope of College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice for Registered Practical Nurses. The RPN will provide high quality nursing care for a variety of surgical patients within an Interprofessional Collaborative Practice philosophy and Model of Care.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Demonstrates an evidence-based approach in their professional nursing practice in accordance with best practice guidelines, policies, procedures and standards of care.
• Assumes an active role in partnering with patients, families and other health care providers to ensure optimal health care.
• Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of interventions and care for assigned patients.
• Educates patients and families in self-management and preparation for discharge.
• Administers medications and other therapeutic interventions within defined scope of practice
• Participates in quality improvement initiatives, supports the maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment, and advances a culture of patient/family/staff safety through their daily practice.
• Mentors/Precepts/Orients staff and students as required.
1. Successful completion of a Practical Nursing Diploma Program.
2. Current BLS/CPR Certificate required.
3. Currently registered as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
4. Recent acute inpatient surgical experience required, including pre-operative and post-operative assessment and discharge experience required.
5. Experience in Orthopaedic Surgery is preferred.
6. Demonstrated clinical competence with general surgery nursing skills.
7. Excellent physical assessment skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
8. Demonstrated commitment to patient/family-centred care.
9. Demonstrated ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
10. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
11. Demonstrated patient teaching skills.
12. Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and professional development.
13. Excellent computer skills.
14. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently.
15. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.