2L – Medicine, Telemetry & Stroke
Must be available for all 3 shifts, 8-hour & 12-hour rotations
$32.660 to $45.940 per hour, 25 year rate: $46.760 per hour
Part Time, required Unit Commitment: 0.45 FTE
Must be available for all 3 shifts – days, evenings, nights, and weekends. Must be available to work 8-hour & 12-hour rotations.
1. Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2. Health Assessment Course or equivalent required or successful completion within 6 months.
3. Current BLS/CPR certificate required.
4. Coronary Care I or equivalent required.
5. Coronary Care II or equivalent required. Candidates without Coronary Care II or equivalent qualification may be considered if there are no other internal or external qualified candidates and candidate is willing to successfully complete the Coronary Care II or equivalent within 6 months of hire.
6. One year recent clinical experience with cardiac and respiratory patients, and with telemetry, preferred.
7. Demonstrated understanding and champion of patient and family centred care.
8. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and learning.
9. Strong evidence of interprofessional collaboration approach to patient care.
10. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team player.
11. Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
12. Strong patient teaching skills.
13. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.