Interprofessional Resource Team
Must be available for all 3 shifts, 12-hour rotations
$27.812 to $30.186 per hour
3 part time vacancies, 0.5 FTE
Must be available for all 3 shifts – days, nights, and weekends. Must be available to work 12-hour rotations
Our Interprofessional Resource Team (IRT) covers a wide spectrum of specialties including Cardiology, Nephrology, Oncology, Neurology, Respirology, Thoracics, Orthopeadics, General surgery, and Mental Health. As the team develops, additional areas will be added.
For each scheduled shift, the IRT practical nurse will be assigned to work in one of the above mentioned areas based on area of need. The IRT practical nurse must possess the skills and flexibility to be able to work in all of the following areas: medicine, surgery and mental health. The ideal RPN for the IRT is someone who likes a challenge and would like to be a part of a new and exciting change in the way we deliver healthcare.
IRT staff are provided with an individualized orientation program to ensure competency to practice in each of the three programs. Working with the IRT nurse manager and education coordinators, the IRT practical nurse will broaden his/her skills and knowledge and enrich his/her critical thinking and problem solving through exposure to a variety of work environments and patient populations.
In order to branch into certain specialty clusters, the IRT practical nurse will be expected to participate in ongoing training and learning as well as take relevant courses as required.
1. Successful completion of a Practical Nursing Diploma Program.
2. Current BLS/CPR Certificate required.
3. Coronary Care 1 (CC1) or equivalent within six months.
4. Currently registered as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
5. Recent medical/surgical nursing experience required (those with mental health nursing experience considered as an added asset)
6. Demonstrated clinical competence with general medicine nursing skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within an interprofessional team, as well as independently.
8. Excellent physical assessment skills, critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
9. Demonstrated understanding and commitment to patient and family centered care.
10. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
11. Demonstrated ability to engage and educate patients and families.
12. Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and professional development.
13. Demonstrated computer skills.
14. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.