Ambulatory Care Centre
Mon – Fri, Day Shift (0800-1600)
$21.421 to $23.408 per hour
Seeking an organized and patient-centred Registration/Booking Clerk to support our Ambulatory Care Clinics. The Registration/Booking Clerk will act as a point of contact for physicians, patients, families, and the Interprofessional ACC Health Care Team. S/he will be responsible for managing the administrative needs of multiple clinics, and ensuring they flow successfully. The Clerk will be responsible to ensure patients are accurately registered, and any follow up appointments are scheduled/coordinated as required. The successful candidate will be one who is flexible, thrives in a busy, fast paced environment, and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment. S/he will also demonstrate a dedicated and conscientious work ethic, attention to detail and strong communication skills. Excellent computer, telephone and customer service skills are essential.
*The successful candidate will primarily support the ECHS and Medical Education Teaching Clinics (located on 3E)
1. Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
2. 1 year recent relevant clerical experience. Previous experience or familiarity with registration procedures would be an asset
3. Experience navigating software applications required (screen access, information search, data entry)
4. Accurate typing 40 w.p.m
5. Working knowledge of and familiarity with registration and booking procedures preferred.
6. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), analytical, attention to detail, problem solving skills and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
7. Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
8. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.