Full Time Temporary
$39.927 to $54.743 per hour
Full Time Temporary, until approximately April 1st, 2020/
Days Shift- with some flexibility required*
*May be required to rotate through different areas of assignment based on skills and operational needs
Reporting to the Director, Interprofessional Practice, the Collaborative Practice Leader (CPL) is a dynamic corporate leadership position. You will be one of five CPLs leading organizational clinical practice and driving clinical initiatives as they relate to the strategic directions. As a strong leader in practice excellence, you will ensure clinical practice, education, evidence based personal centered care are integral cross St. Joe's and into our community. You bring a strong foundation in clinical practice and leadership with acute care experience and a strong demonstrated commitment to Person and Family Centered Care and Interprofessional Collaboration. You will be integral in leading practice guidelines, evidence based practices, implement and evaluate complex change processes and patient safety and quality initiatives. You have the ability to build trusting relationships, create energy and a shared commitment to practice excellence.
The CPL acts as a central corporate practice leader and resource and fulfills expectations in the areas of:
• Leads a team of Advanced Practice Clinical Educators to support Practice excellence in Clinical Programs
• Leads clinical practice initiatives using a collaborative leadership style and human centred design principles
• Provides leadership in creating, articulating and sustaining an organization wide vision for interprofessional collaborative practice that emphasizes highest quality, patient and family-centered care.
• Application of knowledge and implication of relevant Healthcare Legislation and changes.
• Health profession specific education, curriculum development & evaluation.
• Promotes and facilitates professional development and on-going learning within the health disciplines.
• Monitors MoHLTC regulatory/practice directives or changes and updates and supports implementation of required changes, organization wide.
• Leads MoHLTC initiatives (eg. Late Career Initiative, New Graduate Guarantee etc.)
• Manages human and financial resources.
• Professional workforce & Recruitment and Retention programs in collaboration with Human Resources.
• Acts as a liaison with the regulatory Colleges, Educational institutions and professional associations for information and scope of practice, professional standards and regulatory changes.
• Supports strong interprofessional collaboration through the development of structures, processes and mechanisms that support positive patient outcomes.
• Ensures that patient care activities are consistent with the philosophy, goals, and Standards of Practice of health disciplines
• Enhances profession specific and interprofessional peer support and consultation.
• Ensures that staff members are appropriately orientated and educated.
• Supports the Electronic Patient Record documentation and works in collaboration with clinical informatics, IS and IT to create the best EPR.
• Performs other organizational initiatives and projects as required.
1. Bachelor of Nursing required.
2. Master's Degree in Nursing, design, education, leadership or other relevant field required.
3. Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario required.
4. Demonstrated competence in the design, delivery and evaluation of practice and education programs for staff in a health care environment required.
5. Previous strong leadership experience required experience with budgets preferred.
6. Experience in the development of policies, procedures and knowledge transfer of these practices is an asset.
7. Experience in adult education, knowledge translation and design thinking required.
8. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, critical thinking, project management and organizational skills required.
9. Demonstrated ability to inquire, develop, plan and deliver material based on best practice.
10. Working knowledge of Regulated Health Professions Act, Regulatory College Standards and related health care legislation required.
11. Demonstrated commitment and strong knowledge of Patient and Family Centered Care philosophy of care in action and Interprofessional Education, Collaboration and Practice.
12. Experience using project management skills and methodologies in examining & re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing & implementing new strategies & procedures; Project management certificate preferred.
13. Highly motivated, self-directed with demonstrated ability to provide leadership within and across an interprofessional team in complex adaptive systems.
14. Minimum of five years recent, relevant clinical and educational experience in an acute care setting is required.
15. Excellent communication skills and ability to establish positive partnerships with all staff, patient and family advisors and physicians across the organization is required.
16. Demonstrated skills in the use of research in the practice setting, clinical education, planning, consultation and facilitation.
17. Demonstrated ability to develop a system to validate learning, and ensure that practice changes are measured, sustained and improve outcomes.
18. Excellent oral and written abilities required.
19. Excellent computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
20. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
- Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
In support of persons' with disabilities, St. Joseph's Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph's Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.